Thursday, March 6, 2014

Codenames

A few of my friends have blogs or public records where they record personal details. They of course don't use real names, as I have highly intelligent friends. This leads to the conundrum of what the heck they call people. One of them uses the first letter of their first name, another one uses names that makes sense to them as they come up in conversation. I prefer to use names of characters from fictional universes that will make perfect sense if you know the person and the universe, but leaves you bewildered otherwise.

I'm not very good at introductions (or conclusions, as you may have noticed) so I'm going to try and get this out of the way with as many I can think of off the top of my head. This post may be edited as I think up more, or I might just make a new post once I get a nice-sized batch of new characters. So here they are, in no particular order:

  • Khaleesi - My friend who is amazingly artsy and craftsy and sweet and wonderful and puts up with me for God knows how the past 2 years. Even if she doesn't get to go out much because she's a spoonie, she has hordes of people willing to do anything for her.
  • Murphy - My best friend of over 4 years now, she's small and dangerous and amazing. I have even less of an idea as to why she's put up with me longer than Khaleesi. After meeting at a band event, we started talking and ended up as Drum Majors (for separate bands unfortunately.) Last summer she moved to the East Coast, but we've kept in contact with Skype and both agree we're equally insane for continuing to be around one another.
  • Bro - This is a friend I met through Murphy, and though we've had some rough patches, we end up sticking together. He moved away to the West Coast and we lost contact for a while, but he's in town until the end of April.
  • Qui-Gon - Khaleesi's husband. The most rock solid man I know. He's a nerd like me, likes the same things as me, but is just more there. He's gone through some hellfire and back for the people in his life, and he has my infinite respect. Even if he's an ass 90% of the time.
  • Princess - One of my friends from band also. We reconnected last year and have been hanging out a lot. She's interesting, but we haven't spoken for a while now.
  • Kiki - I met Kiki in the theatre program at my college. She's kinda dorky, but in a good way. After an extended silence we've been trading txts over the last week or two.
  • Chricton - Qui-Gon's brother. He's like him, but more so. More off the wall, more out there, but still one of the steadiest people I know.
  • Gypsy - She's a little flighty, but if you're in need she'll show up. Usually in some form of denim and a long skirt, but she'll fight tooth and nail for you. Also met at the theatre program.
 Those are all I can think of for now. I'm not sure if editing a post moves it back to the top of your blog, but this is certainly going to get updated. If anything major changes where I have to change everybody's little bio, I'll make another post.

Goodnight, Schrodingers. Stay away from boxes.

And scientists.

Mostly scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment