Sunday, March 9, 2014

Projecting

This will be a short post from mobile.

What we have done and had done to us and our reactions to what has been done to us define us. So it only makes a sick sort of sense that whenever a situation is presented to us, we imagine how we would handle that situation.

Even the most empathic people can never truly fully understand where someone else is coming from, so our decisions are clouded by our own personalities and decisions.

That being said, I am NOT you, you arrogant Asshole. Just because you would take advantage of this situation and hurt everyone who tried to help you does NOT mean I will. Some nights it might seem like a great thing to do, collateral damage and long-term planning be damned, but I won't do it. I will be a decent human being and prove the people who love me right when they put their trust in me.

The very reason I'm being afforded this opportunity is because I'm not you. I will in fact do things the right and proper way and work my ASS off making things work, you little shit.

Because sometimes people are worth the effort, even if things don't go how you'd like, and the act of striving to better yourself in the pursuit of something glorious actually makes a difference.

1 comment: